Monday, April 30, 2012

My little Pony G4 - Double packs (Applejack & Lily Blossom and Pinkie Pie & Dewdrop Dazzle)

The are the first (and so far only) G4 Ponies I bought. Sadly in the town I live there is not a single store which carries MLP and I have no idea why. And sellers on ebay and amazon are completely overprized. I ended ordering these from mytoys.de for 5,99€ (each set) because I really, really wanted to see them not only in photos and it was a real good prize.

 So here are the sets in their package. Applejack and Lily Blossom in the first set and Dewdrop Dazzle and Pinkie Pie in the second.

 Back.



 Applejack and Lily Blossom freed from theit plastic prison! I actually had to order three of the sets because you need to order stuff for 15€ or more. You could not chose which set you wanted and I just hoped I would not get three of the same. The Applejack set I got twice, so I opened it and let the others in their box.
 This little bug is so damn cute :)
 I have to say that I really love Lily Blossom. Dewdrop Dazzles colors are a bit too bright for my taste
 I was surprised how small the G4 Ponies where I thought they were much bigger, the same size than the old Ponies. Here a comparison shot between G4 and G1.
 G4 are about the same size as baby G1 Ponies.
 I think the eyes part of the G4s seems less detailed because they are flat. I would have prefered if they had added a bit more depth to the eyes because the faces look really cute otherwise. Another thing I prefer on the G1 Ponies is the hair. The G4 Ponies' hair seems a bit of lesser quality and always kind of gets in the way when they stand. What I really like though is that the G4s can move their heads! Very few of the G1s could do this.

The single set prizes of 5,99€ are actually quite good compared to other toys and if they had those in stores here I would get one from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment