Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Japanese Super Nintendo Games / Super Famikom games

Japanese Snes games are actually very fun to collect. It's so hard to get boxed games here and when you find them, they are often totally over-priced. Even loose games tend to be 8€ and up depending if it's rare and popular or not. Try getting a game like Terranigma or Secret of Mana or Castlevania 4 for a decent prize!

In Japan used games are so much more cheaper. Seeing seemingly endless shelves of boxed games for good prices is like gamers heaven :p Well...game stores in Tokyo are often more expensive, but still cheap compared to prices here.

Still I only own 10 games so far because I just got a (su)fami-clone console just two years ago.

Sorry for the crappy photo...but here they are!

 Romancing SaGa 1 & 3, Final Fantasy VI, Madara 2, Dark Half and Breath of Fire 2 I got in Japan. Romancing SaGa 2, Mystic Ark and Lennus I got from ebay.com for 7€ each including shipping from Japan. And Battle Robot Retsuden I picked up at an online game shop where I made a bigger order. It was cheap and I felt sorry for it :p

 As you can see...all of them are RPGs of some sort. I'm a fan of the SaGa series, so of course I had to pick them all up and FF6 is one of my all-time favourite games and for 2€ it was a no-brainer. Other than that I just pick up what is cheap and looks interessting. I love to stumple upon games I had never heard of before. Often it's worth it simply for the nice box art. The box art from Madara really caught my eye because the art is by Hiroyuki Asada who is responsible for the basketball Manga 'I'll / Generation basket'. Never read all volumes but I really like the art style (and basket ball!).
 Dark Half has some really nice box-art, too and it's from Enix. (Still remember when Squaresoft was still Squaresoft and Enix was still Enix? And both made good games?? ) Well...according to the boy you play both the good guy and the bad guy and see both sides of the story.
 The back of FF6 looks really plain compared to the awesome art on the front. I really love this artwork!
 Breath of Fire 2 always had a special place in my heart :) When I first saw it featured in a videogame magazine I totally fell in love with it. That awesome artwork!!! Loooook at it! Colors! Yay! It still took a few years till I finally got it from a flea market. It was without the box, but now I have the japanese version in perfect condition so all is fine ;)



  Here is the back with a cute artwork of Ryu and his sister as children. Aw~

 Here next to the european version with my beat up manial. I now how much people hate new artwork for the "western taste" and while I love (LOVE!!!) and prefer the original artwork I still think the artist for the western version did a really great job changing the manga-style into a us comic style and stayed true to the original designs. Especially Rand looks awesome :)
The artwork inside the manual the original one, so I don't mind a different style for the cover at all.
 This post was really random....Thanks for looking anyway :D

No comments:

Post a Comment